As the world's leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions, and the world's leading distributor of aerospace fasteners and consumables for the commercial, business jet, and military markets a career at B/E Aerospace is beyond what you would expect in a job. At B/E your ideas, your talents, and your experiences are utilized for more than your day-to-day duties. They're used to shape a global organization. It's your opportunity to make a real difference each day - and be a part of something bigger.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing and have a number of exciting positions available now. B/E Aerospace's Commercial Aircraft Segment is seeking an energetic, self-starter in the role of Staff Engineer - Composites with our Seating Products Group in Winston-Salem, NC.
As staff specialist, the Staff Engineer - Composites will be responsible for applying knowledge of product design, assembly, tooling, and materials. This position will be recognized as a technical expert within the department or division of the company and responsible for interpreting theories and concepts of composite manufacturing and apply sound/robust material/process principles for material selection based on component and process requirements based on strength, reliability and manufacturability.
- Research and select materials for structural non-metallic applications.
- Master the applicable flammability requirements (FAR 25.83(a), FAR 25.853(d), Airbus specification ABD0031 and Boeing specification D6-51377).
- Fully understand thermoset plastics (parts, materials, and manufacturing processess).
- Design composite parts for aircrft interior components with emphasis on weight, cost, aesthetics, manufacturability, reliability and maintainability.
- Create engineer drawings using CAD software (Unigraphics) vefirying fit, form and function of mechanical drawings.
- Analyze and review composite designs for all B/E branches to ensure that all applicable requirements (structural, weight, aesthetics, cost, manufacturability, reliability, maintainability, etc...) are met.
- Provide support to the design engineers during the development process.
- Generate reports from FEA software.
- Interface with the strategic purchasing department and with suppliers during part and tool design.
- Schedule and coordinate reliability tesing with the testing department.
- Operate in a team environment with other functional areas providing input to design solutions.
Minimum Requirements Include:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from four-year college or university and nine-plus years related experience and/or training; or Master's degree in Engineering and six-plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with CAD software such as Unigraphics, Solidworks, Pro-E, and/or Catia required.
Preferred Requirements Include:
- Bachelor's degree in Materials and Process, Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering with 10 years of professional experience with composites or Master's degree in Materials and Process, Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering with 5 years of professional experience with composites.
- Design experience with parts and tools.
- Experience with the following manufacturing processes: Resin Transfer Molding, Vacuum Assisted Resin Transfer Molding, Compression Molding and Filament Winding.
- Experience working in Unigraphics NX7.5
- Familiarity with FAA requirements.